This article explains the steps required to setup and manage API phases within SnapHire. API phases are used by apps you install and allow the app to retrieve data about applications in certain phases of the recruitment process.
Before you Begin
You will need to be granted two permissions:
- 'Can manage API phase setup'
- 'Can manage API phase views'
These permissions will allow access to the Admin tab in SnapHire.
TIP: A bucket can only be in one phase, if you add the bucket to another phase the selected bucket will be removed from the previous phase that they belonged to.
Manage API Phase Setup
Use the 'Manage API phase setup' page to add application statuses (buckets) to your selected phase.
To manage your API phase setup:
- Go to the Admin tab and select the 'Manage API phase setup' option.
- Select the phase you want to setup, click on the corresponding link to the right to add buckets to your phase.
- Select the bucket(s) from the left and then:
- Click '>>' to add the bucket(s) to your phase.
- Click '<<' to remove the bucket(s) from your phase.
Continue setting up all the API phases you require.
Manage API Phase Views
'Manage API phase views' is where you setup the data you want each app to retrieve when an application reaches a certain phase of the recruitment process.
- You can have multiple 'API phase views' per API phase
- Every app requires their own 'API phase view' to successfully use the selected app.
- Every app in the Talent App Store will have declared which 'API phase' their app will be available from. This means you will only be able to setup an 'API phase view' if the app has declared it is available for the phase you select.
To manage your API phase views:
- Go to the Admin tab and select the 'Manage API phase views' option.
- You can edit, copy or add a new 'API phase view' specifically for a selected app and phase.
- To add: Add the name and description for your 'API phase view', select the phase and the app you want to retrieve the data defined in this view.
- Define your data requirements by selecting the data fields you require.
- When selecting 'criteria type' fields (category fields), you need to ensure the description label is entered and reflects the field name.
- Click 'OK'.