If the candidate has already applied to the job held in the app/system Total Apply is linked to, whether or not they are allowed to re-apply will depend on the information provided by the app/system Total Apply is linked to. If the candidate is allowed to re-apply, the 'Apply' button will appear whether or not they have applied to the job. Otherwise one of the two scenarios detailed in this article will be applicable.
Candidate is signed in
If the candidate is already signed in to the app/system Total Apply is linked to, and they have already submitted an application for this job:
- When viewing the job, the Total Apply 'Apply' button will no longer be displayed.
- In place of the 'Apply' button an 'Application submitted' button will appear. For example:
- If clicked on, this button does nothing.
TIP: How the button appears will depend on the site displaying it.
Candidate is not signed in
If the candidate is not signed in to the app/system Total Apply is linked to, and:
- The candidate finds a job of interest, and clicks on the Total Apply 'Apply' button.
- The identity selection panel appears and the candidate chooses their sign in method (e.g. Email, Google, Facebook etc), and signs in.
- Now the candidate has signed in, it is known that they have already submitted an application for this job, so this message appears:
TIP: Your tenant logo and name will appear instead of the 'Democo' and 'Latest Testing' in the example above.
- When the candidate clicks on the 'TAKE ME BACK' button, they are returned to the job advertisement. As they are now signed in, the Apply button is no longer available (they will now see 'Application submitted' button in its place).