This article provides information about the 'Phone number' fields in the Total Apply form. This field is not configurable in the Total Apply form.
Phone number fields
In this field the candidate can provide up to two phone numbers (using the '+ Add another number' button to add a second number if required):
For each number provided the candidate:
- Can use one of the drop-down labels available to specify if the number is 'Mobile', 'Home' or 'Work'. When no label has been chosen, the default text 'Select an option' appears.
- Can change the label for a phone number which has been provided.
- Can delete a phone number which has been provided (using the delete icon to right of the label).
When the candidate exits the phone number field the phone number is validated. If the candidate:
- Provided a country code in their phone number (e.g. +6493080321 NOT 6493080321), then Total Apply will check that the number provided is valid for the country code (regardless of what value is currently selected in the Country field).
- Did not provide a country code in their phone number (e.g. 93080321), then Total Apply will use the current value in the Country field to check if the phone number they provided is valid.
If the number they have provided is:
- Valid - then the number will change it to the international format. For example; when the country field is set to New Zealand, if 093080321 (or 6493080321, or 93080321, or 9 3080321, or 9 308 0321 etc) is entered, when the candidate leaves the phone number field it will be updated to +64 9-308 0321.
- Not valid - then the message 'Please enter a valid phone number' will be displayed. For example; when the country field is set to New Zealand, and 3080321 (i.e. no area code) is entered.
TIP: If a phone number has been provided and validated, it will not be updated by Total Apply should the job seeker changes their selection for Country.
Population of information
If the candidate has an existing profile in the app/system Total Apply is linked to, if available, this field will pre-populated with their stored information.
When Total Apply is used, at least one phone number field is:
- Not mandatory for the candidate to answer when registering.
- Mandatory for the candidate to answer in order to submit an application (if the candidate does not answer it, the validation prompt 'Please enter a valid phone number' is displayed).