This article provides information about the 'Title' field in the Total Apply form. This field only appears if Total Apply receives notification from the app/system it is linked (as described below). There are no other configurable options for this field in Total Apply.
If Total Apply receives an API response from the app/system Total Apply is linked to tell it that candidate 'Titles' (e.g. Mr, Mrs etc) are in use, the field will be included in the Total Apply form. If presented, the title field appears in the 'Your details' section of the form.
Total Apply knows how to display the field based upon the response it receives (this is the only level of configuration for this field). There are two options available:
- Drop-down list: If the API response gives Total Apply a list of titles it would like the candidate to select from, the candidate is presented with a drop-down box which requires them to select one option from the list of titles that has been provided. For example:
- Text field: If the API response does not give Total Apply a list of titles it would like the candidate to select from, then the candidate is presented with a text box to type in their title.
Population of information
If the candidate has an existing profile in the app/system Total Apply is linked to, if available, this field will pre-populated with their stored information.
Otherwise, if the field format is:
- Drop-down list: Before the candidate has selected an answer, the field defaults to 'Select your title' (Once selected, the Title field can be changed, but cannot be set back to 'Please select your title').
- Text box: Before they have provided an answer the default text 'Please enter your title' appears.
If the Total Apply form is using the title field, it is:
- Not mandatory for the candidate when registering.
- Mandatory for the candidate to answer in order to submit an application.