This article describes how to setup your organizations identity in LinkedIn for the LinkedIn Apply app. Once setup, you can use the Client ID and client secret information to configure the 'LinkedIn Apply' app available from the Talent App Store. Please note, to complete this process you will need a LinkedIn account.
- Login to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/developer/apps to see the 'My Applications' page.
- If you already have an app for this click on its name, otherwise click the 'Create Application' button:
- If you've opened an existing App, click on Authentication in the left-hand navigation menu.
If creating a new app, the 'Create a New Application' form will appear. Complete all of the required information, then click Submit.
- In the information that appears, ensure that you have the 'r_basicprofile' and 'r_emailaddress' checkboxes selected. If you are a partner of LinkedIn, you will see two additional options which you can select to gather more information from your candidates:
- 'r_contactinfo' field
- 'r_fullprofile' field (select this instead of 'r_basicprofile')
- Under the OAuth2.0 Authorized Redirect URLS please copy and paste the following links (one at a time), you may leave the other redirect fields empty:
- Click the 'Update' button.
- Choose Settings from the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the 'Application Status' drop down list, check/change your app to 'Live' status, then click the 'Update' button.
- Choose Authentication from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Under the heading 'Authentication Keys' your Client ID and Client Secret information will be visible. You will need this information when you are setting up the 'LinkedIn Apply' app: